When you choose an IFM public open-enrollment course, you are assured of the highest quality training at the lowest price in the industry in keeping with our nonprofit mission.
Blockchain, DLT & Crypto-Assets: An in-depth course for Operations Professionals, Technologists and Innovators
Go beyond the basics in our one-day educational program. Discussion topics include crypto-assets, including cryptocurrencies, and the markets and economics that support them. This content is followed by a deep dive into blockchain transaction mechanisms and smart contracts, which will be illustrated through animations, group activities and a detailed enterprise grade platform demo.
The course also looks at several use cases from various industries and includes an instructor-led group activity to assist participants in creating their own use case for presentation to the classroom.
After the course you will be able to:
- Know the distinctions between Bitcoin, Distributed Ledger Technology, Blockchain and DAG (directed acyclic graph)
- Understand the origins of Bitcoin and how it works
- Learn about the top 20 cryptocurrencies and their value proposition
- Understand Bitcoin derivatives markets and why they matter
- Discover Blockchain underlying technology
- Learn how to unpack a Blockchain transaction
- Identify the different consensus mechanisms
- Recognize the different network properties such as open/close, permissioned/permission-less
- Understand Initial Coin Offerings or Token Generation Events
- Participate in an hands-on platform demo to create a smart contract along with its assets, participants and transactions
- Discuss regulatory and tax aspects of cryptocurrencies