When you choose an IFM public open-enrollment course, you are assured of the highest quality training at the lowest price in the industry in keeping with our nonprofit mission.
Crypto-Assets Workshop: Understanding & Trading a New Asset Class
An in-depth course for IBs, FCMs, Wealth Managers, Family Offices & Professional Trading Groups
Expand your knowledge through our one-day educational program. Discussion topics include crypto-assets, including cryptocurrencies and the markets and economics that support them. Learn the essentials about the crypto cash markets, how they operate, holding and liquidating a position, and what to expect. Understand the futures contracts market and what’s coming in the exchange traded and centrally cleared crypto market.
After the course you will be able to:
- Discover what makes crypto a new asset class
- Explore the similarities and differences from traditional asset classes
- Understand the origins of Bitcoin, how it works and the global cash markets for cryptocurrencies
- Learn about the top 20 cryptocurrencies and their value proposition
- Understand Bitcoin futures market, margin management, clearing and settlement alternatives
- Discuss regulatory and tax aspects that affect investment yields on crypto
- Learn about custody best practices and existing solutions
- Appreciate cybersecurity issues and solutions
- Know Initial Coin Offerings: how they work and how to invest in them
Who Should Attend? Anyone who is interested in understanding cryptocurrency and its role as an asset class in the derivatives markets.