IFM's Guide to U.S. Futures Regulation uses a clear and practical approach to explain the application of derivatives regulations.
Futures and Options
Futures and Options
Our Futures and Options is the preeminent text and reference book for new participants in the futures industry, university students, market regulators, and public policymakers who need to build market knowledge and learn the important aspects of the industry. It is a "must read" for the aspiring professional — whether from the buy or sell-side — and serves as a basic component in your personal finance library.
Futures and Options is developed by market practitioners and covers the fundamentals of the futures and options markets. The text will enable the reader to achieve a solid, working understanding on the market and how various derivative products are traded.
It includes examples and accompanying questions and answers that cover all the relevant aspects of futures and options, and underlying cash markets for both physical commodities and financial instruments. Unique features include:
- a comprehensive treatment of the major types of futures and options orders
- a thorough analysis of the principles and practices of futures clearing and margining
- an in-depth treatment of hedging, speculation, spreading and calculations
- an integrated treatment of futures and options on futures including (premiums, price limits, settlements, delivery, exercise, and assignment)
- coverage of commodity and financial futures, options and swaps (i.e. energy, metal, agricultural, foreign exchange, indexes, etc.)
- an extensive glossary of terminology
- more than 230 questions and answers to determine your understanding and retention of the concepts and content
Futures and Options also is an essential component in the NFA Series 3 Exam. The Series 3 Exam (the National Commodity Futures Examination) is required for anyone interested in doing business as a futures industry professional — and sets the minimum proficiency level and fitness for individuals.
This text covers all of the subject areas of the Market Knowledge portion of the Series 3 proficiency exam. This book, along with its companion text, Guide to U.S. Futures Regulation, are used by firms and industry regulators to help professionals meet the standards set forth in The Commodity Exchange Act.
Futures and Options: ISBN-13: 978-0-615-35082-0
- Plus shipping and handling for the U.S. & U.K. calculated online at check-out.
For international orders (non-US), please contact us via email info@theIFM.org or telephone 1-202-223-1528, so that we may confirm your shipping details and quote you the price.