Ethics e-Course: Initial, New-to-the-Industry
Our Initial/New-to-the-Industry Training programs helps firms and registrants meet their ethics training requirements as mandated by the Commodity Exchange Act and National Futures Association Rule 2-9.
This comprehensive e-course begins with an introduction and discussion on professional ethics from Justice Sandra Day O'Connor and Retired U.S. Senator Richard Lugar among others. The program uses cases studies to incorporate several categories of pertinent information including law, regulation, and sound judgment. Topics covered include registrant's obligation to the public; supervisory systems and internal controls, transaction execution; anti-money laundering; misappropriation of funds; proper disclosure; handling of conflicts of interest; marketing and advertising; sales and client education.
After the e-course the learner will be able to:
- Know their obligation to ensure just and equitable principles of trade
- Understand the pertinent rules and regulations of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and National Futures Association (NFA)
- Recognize potential red-flags
- Employ decision making to ethical and cultural dilemmas
- Appreciate individual accountability and personal responsibility
- Understand the need to escalate concerns to compliance in a timely and appropriate manner
A course completion certificate is provided at the end of the training for regulatory and recordkeeping purposes.
- $75 per person
- Volume discounts are available for firms with 10+ participants. To take advantage of our deep discount, please contact the IFM at 202-223-1528, or via e-mail at info@theIFM.org.
You will receive an email confirmation of your transaction after you finalize your order. Also, please note web-delivered product orders are fulfilled during normal business hours, Monday to Friday 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time, excluding U.S. holidays.